Guido Stefan Weber, Esq.
Guido Stefan Weber started the firm in February of 2006, and in February 2008 was joined by Partner, Kraig M. Dowd. Guido heads the Business Law Department of the Firm.
Guido graduated from Boston University School of Law in May of 1996 and took the bar exams for New York and New Jersey later that summer. In the fall, he returned home to New Jersey where he was raised and began his legal career as a law clerk for the Honorable Anthony J. Sciuto, Ret., J.S.C. in Hackensack, New Jersey.
In January 1997, he worked for the Law Office of Anthony Carbone in Jersey City. Six months later, he landed at Nagel Rice & Dreifuss, LLP, Livingston, in the construction and surety law department. The construction and surety law department remained together through various partnership changes to become Dreifuss Bonacci & Parker, LLC (“DBP”). In January of 2006, he left DBP to start his own law firm. He named it, “G. Weber Law, LLC”, and officially opened on February 6, 2006 from a small, two-room office in Little Falls, New Jersey.
On February 12, 2008, Kraig M. Dowd joined Guido’s practice. They moved to a larger space in nearby Woodland Park and opened as “Weber Dowd Law, LLC” on August 22, 2008, where they have been ever since.
Perhaps Guido’s distinguishing feature as an attorney is his versatility. He is a courtroom litigator, a transactional attorney, and counselor. While most of his early years in the law was spent in construction law litigation, his later years have been spent on his passion—representing and protecting the interest of business owners. For more information on what Guido does, see the Practice Areas of: Civil Litigation, Commercial Real Estate, Construction, Corporate Law, Landlord Tenant, and Other Areas.
Admitted to Practice Law
- New Jersey (1996)
- New York (1997)
- Washington, D.C. (1997)
- Pennsylvania (2004)
- U.S. District Courts (D.N.J., E.D.N.Y., S.D.N.Y.)
- U.S. Courts of Appeals (2nd Circuit, 3rd Circuit)
- U.S. Federal Court of Claims (2011)
- Seton Hall University, B.A., summa cum laude, 1993
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1996
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- New Jersey Institute of Local Government Attorneys
- Passaic County Bar Association
- Rochez v. Travelers Cas. & Sur. Co. of Am., 8 A.D.3d 121, 779 N.Y.S.2d 36 (App. Div. 1st Dept. 2004)
- Aspen Landscaping Contracting, Inc. v. A. Juliano & Sons Contractors, Inc., No. A-5436-11T2, 2013 WL 4033705 (N.J. Super. Ct. App. Div. Aug. 9, 2013)
- Guido S. Weber, Unresolved Issues in Controlling the Tuberculosis Epidemic Among the Foreign-Born in the United States, 22 Am. J.L. & Med. 503 (1996)
Pro Bono and Charity
- Volunteer Lawyers for Justice, Pro Bono Counsel
- NJSBA-VLJ, Hurricane Sandy Legal Assistance Program
- Welcome Home Vets Fund of New Jersey, Inc., a 501(c)(3) charity, Treasurer and Acting Secretary